Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is the government parastatal whose responsibility is to assure the quality of agricultural inputs and produce to prevent adverse impact on the economy,
Upcoming News & Events
- KEPHIS Signs MOU with South Korea on Report Sharing of Distinctness, Uniformity and Stability Tests of Crop Varieties
KEPHIS Headquarters, Nairobi - Kenya through KEPHIS has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of South Korea that will see the sharing of Distinctness, Uniformity and Stability (DUS) reports between the two countries.
- KEPHIS Launches Fruits Farming in Kericho County
Nyalilbuch, Kericho County - Agriculture Cabinet Secretary (CS) Willy Bett has urged young people to embrace horticulture.
- KEPHIS Wins Again at the Eldoret Show
Eldoret – KEPHIS won two trophies at this year’s Eldoret National Show. These were in the Best Regulatory Authority Stand and the Best Strategies of International Trade and Exports. The winning trophies were presented to KEPHIS MD Dr. Esther Kimani by the CS Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries Mr. Willy Bett.
- KEPHIS Signs MOU with the China Academy of Agricultural Sciences
KEPHIS Signs MOU with the China Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
- KEPHIS Wins Again at the Embu Agricultural Show
Njukiri Showground, Embu – KEPHIS once again scooped top prizes during the just concluded Embu agricultural show.
- KEPHIS Producing Sweet Potato Vines for Health and Food Security
Muguga - The KEPHIS Plant Quarantine and Biosecurity Station (PQBS) in Muguga plays an important role in plant protection through facilitation of safe transfer of plant genetic materials by preventing the introduction of plant pests, diseases and noxious weeds. The station is the centre of excellence in germplasm exchange and distribution.
- Nursery Operators Training and Certification Course, 2017
Good crop production starts with the seedling, the seedling must be of good quality for the plant to
provide the intended yield. Nursery operators training and certification course intends to
strengthen capacity in certified seedling supply system for maximum production.