Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is the government parastatal whose responsibility is to assure the quality of agricultural inputs and produce to prevent adverse impact on the economy,
Upcoming News & Events
- Coming up...on 31st july 2015
Kephis in conjuction with the countty Government of kilifi is holding farmers field day on 31st july 2015 at mzee Efron Rigga Mungune's shamba ata Kizingo,off the Mombasa Makindi highway.This is 13km from Malindi town.
- KEPHIS, Nyandarua County, SMAP in Collaboration with the EU to Hold A Farmers Field Day in Nyandarua County
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service(KEPHIS), the County Government of Nyandarua, Standards and Market Access Programme and the European Union(EU)will hold a farmers field day on Friday, 24th July 2015 at Mirangini, DC's office grounds.
- Second Set of Mango Fruit Fly Traps Launched in Elgeyo Marakwet County
AIC Cheptebo, Elgeyo Marakwet County – A second set of mango fruit fly traps were officially launched in Elgeyo Marakwet County, in an effort to control the pest and enhance access of the fruit to global markets.
- Electronic Certification System Upgraded to Enhance Plant Exports
The Electronic Certification System (ECS) has been upgraded, giving plant material exporters a faster and more efficient platform to export their consignments.
Features of the upgraded System include improved usability of the system to clients; more responsibility over the contents of the consignments will be borne by the exporter who will ensure the integrity of the consignment(s) before export.
- KEPHIS JOINS THE AGRICULTURAL FISHERIES AND FOOD AUTHORITY-TEA DIRECTORATE AT THE ANNUAL ROAD SHOW AND TEA FOR HEALTH MARATHON
KEPHIS joined the Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Authority – Tea Directorate (AFFA-TD) for this year’s Road Show and Tea for Health Marathon that were held in the counties of Elgeyo Marakwet, Uasin Gishu, Nandi and Kericho recently. The road show took four days while the fifth day was the marathon day.
- KEPHIS Working To Establish Pest Free Areas In Mango Growing Counties
Tot, Elgeyo Marakwet County - KEPHIS in collaboration with the County Government of Elgeyo Marakwet held a farmers field day and sensitization forum recently to inform, and educate mango farmers in the county on the importance of using the fruit fly trap to eradicate the mango fruit fly, thereby enhancing market access to the key European Union (EU) market.
- Plant Import and Quarantine Regulatory System Launched to Track, Trace and Manage Plant Imports
Nairobi - The Plant Import and Quarantine Regulatory System(PIQRS) has been launched to track, trace and manage plant imports into the county.