Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is the government parastatal whose responsibility is to assure the quality of agricultural inputs and produce to prevent adverse impact on the economy,
Upcoming News & Events
- East African Legislators Praise KEPHIS Efforts in Protecting Kenya’s Plant Resources
KEPHIS Headquarters, Nairobi - The East Africa Legislative Assembly-Kenya Chapter-has praised KEPHIS for setting high standards in its operations, placing the Corporation way ahead of its peers in the East Africa region.
- KEPHIS Initiates Process of Training Private Seed Inspectors for Food Availability
KEPHIS Headquarters, Nairobi – KEPHIS has started the process of training and authorizing private seed inspectors who will carry out inspections of seed crops countrywide. 19 representatives from seed companies namely Kenya Seed Company, Pioneer Hybrid, Agribase, Dryland Seed, East Africa Seed, Agricultural Development Corporation and Gicheha Farm are attending the two week training at KEPHIS Headquarters that includes theory and practicals.
- KENYA TO RATIFY THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY (EAC) PROTOCOL ON SANITARY AND PHYTOSANITARY (SPS) MEASURES
Nairobi - Kenya will soon ratify the East African Community Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures Protocol to promote trade and food safety across the region.
- KEPHIS Does It Again at the Meru National Show
Meru – KEPHIS continued with her winning process by capturing two first prize positions at the Meru National show. The wins were in The Best Regulatory Authority Stand and The Best Stand in Environmental Quality Stand.
- KEPHIS Wins Again at the Mount Kenya Nanyuki Show
Nanyuki Showground, Nanyuki Town – KEPHIS once again shone at the Agricultural Society of Kenya Nanyuki show when she won in four categories at the event.
- KEPHIS Launches Growing of Avocadoes in Nandi County
Kaptel, Nandi County – KEPHIS has launched the growing of avocadoes in Nandi County to improve the livelihoods of farmers in the area. The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries Hon. Willy Bett officially launched the growing of the crop at an event attended by over 400 farmers at Kaptel.
- KEPHIS Hosts Senior and High Level Government and other Stakeholders To Foster Corporation and Enhance Linkages
KEPHIS Headquarters, Nairobi – KEPHIS hosted senior and high level government staff and other stakeholders to discuss and explore ways of working together to execute her mandate.