Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is the government parastatal whose responsibility is to assure the quality of agricultural inputs and produce to prevent adverse impact on the economy,
Upcoming News & Events
- KEPHIS Shines Again at the Eldoret National Show
Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County – KEPHIS once again scooped three first positions at the recently concluded Eldoret National Show.
- Coming Up… KEPHIS Working with Mango Farmers in Elgeyo Marakwet to Eradicate Fruit Fly
KEPHIS in conjunction with the County Government of Elgeyo Marakwet will next week 25th and 26th March 2015 hold a farmers training and field day in the county.
- Plant Import and Quarantine Regulatory System Launched to Track, Trace and Manage Plant Imports
Nairobi - The Plant Import and Quarantine Regulatory System(PIQRS) has been launched to track, trace and manage plant imports into the county.
- Kericho Governor Chepkwony Praises KEPHIS World Class Laboratories
Kephis Headquarters - Kericho Governor Prof. Paul Chepkwony has praised the plant health laboratories at KEPHIS, stating they are among the best in the world.
Speaking when he paid a courtesy call to the Corporation, the Governor also urged the government and stakeholders in the agriculture sector to protect Kenya’s laboratories as they are “the face of Kenya.”
- COMESA Seed Regulations Launched to Enable Cross Border Trade
Nairobi –The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) seed regulations were launched in Nairobi, with calls for organizations and individuals to take up the production of seed to promote food security in Africa. Many countries in the continent are not food secure due to lack of good and certified seed or none at all.