KEPHIS Embu Regional Office
- Written by Kephis
- Category: KEPHIS OFFICES
- Hits: 184
Welcome to KEPHIS Embu Regional Office
Embu regional office has satellite offices in Nyeri, Timau, Moyale PIU and Isiolo Airport office:
- Timau office is based in Meru county and was established in 2011 to offer phytosanitary services to exporters in Timau and Nanyuki areas.
- Nyeri office was established in 2017 to serve clients in Nyeri, Muranga and Laikipia Counties.
- Moyale border office was established in 2008 to provide inspection services on imported and exported plant materials along the Kenyan-Ethiopian border.
- Isiolo Airport office was established with the operationalization of Isiolo Airport in 2018. The office is meant to offer inspection services on plant materials at the airport.
KEPHIS Embu office serves the following counties in Mt Kenya and Northern Kenya regions:
Embu, Kirinyaga, Nyeri, Laikipia (East &North subcounties), Tharaka Nithi, Meru, Isiolo, Marsabit, Wajir, Mandera and Garissa counties.
Embu office offers the following services to the public:
- Farm inspection and audits for fresh produce farms, flower farms and propagators
- Import and export inspection of plant materials at the points of entry/exit
- Seed certification services
- Licensing of seed sellers
- Inspection and certification of fruit tree nurseries
- Plant variety protection services (NPT & DUS)
- Training stakeholders (farmers, students, producers)
- Advisory services
Naivasha Regional Office
P.O. Box 2129 Embu
PH: 254-068-31593 | 020-3597208