The second international phytosanitary conference will be held from 4th to 8th June 2018 at the KEPHIS Headquarters, Nairobi. It has been planned by the Government of Kenya, USAID (Feed the Future), KEPHIS and COPE. It is dubbed “2nd Phytosanitary Conference 2018” and its theme is phytosanitary Systems for safe Trade and Food Security. It will create an opportunity for participants for all in agricultural trade to share their successes as well as challenges encountered. The conference will also offer the participants an opportunity to discuss emerging issues such as Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs), invasive species and pest outbreaks.
Why attend? / Objectives
• To provide an opportunity for the NPPOs in Africa to share achievements and challenges.
• To provide the NPPOs with an opportunity to create linkages and promote market access within Africa
• To identify potential areas of cooperation on phytosanitary regulation at regional and international levels
• Pest surveillance in phytosanitary systems
• Import control and Quarantine Regulations in Phytosanitary Systems
• Pest Diagnostics in Phytosanitary systems
• Export Control in Phytosanitary Systems
• Industry participation in Phytosanitary Systems
• Food Safety issues in Phytosanitary Systems (MRLs, Heavy metals and Aflatoxins)
• Cross-cutting issues in phytosanitary systems (To include legal requirements, communication in phytosanitary, GMOs, Biosafety, emerging phytosanitary issues e.g. new pests)
• A practical field day will be held during the conference to see application of the issues in the conference themes.